Nov 2, 2011

G'Ma Pammy's Easy "Tater Meatloaf"


I "invented" this recipe when it was just the "two" of us, hubby and I. He never cared for ANY meatloaf ... until this one! This has become a family favorite since the kids came to live with us.

This recipe makes large portion servings for 2. Now, with 5 of us, I DOUBLE / TRIPLE INGREDIENTS, depending on the need for leftovers :)

G'Ma Pammy's Easy "Tater Meatloaf"

(1.) 2 CUPS - Lean Ground Beef
(2.) 1/2 TSP - Nature's Seasoning
(3.) 2 TBSP - Ketchup
(4.) 1 - 1/2 TBSP - Half n Half
(5.) 5 - Crackers (I use Townhouse)
(6.) 1 - Egg

2 - Ore Ida Frozen Hashbrown Patties
4 - Slices of American Cheese

Mix the first six ingredients in a bowl, divide the mixture in half.

You can see in the picture, I line a pan with foil for easy cleanup.

I then spray the foil with Pam.

Put the hashbrown patties in the pan, with spacing in-between.

Lay a slice of American Cheese on each patty.

Cover each patty with 1/2 the meat mixture.

Bake @ 350 for 20 to 30 minutes.

Ovens vary, you decide when it's done to your liking.

Remove it from the oven, add a slice of American Cheese on each one.

You can put in back in the oven to melt it a bit or serve as is.

ENJOY!

Note - I use Half n Half because beef can be very dry if it's very lean.

1 comment:

  1. K-Man, my oldest grandson, is making this tonight for his very first time! :)

    ReplyDelete